Friday, March 12, 2010

Thoughts

Things I am pondering and praying about today...

Four Steps That lead to Peace
1. Be desirous of doing the will of another , rather than thine own
2. Chose always to have less, rather than more
3. Seek always the lowest place, and to be inferior to every one.
4. Wish always , and pray that the will of God may be wholly fulfilled in thee.
- from Stepping Heavenward ., E. Prentiss ( a book I am reading with Anna)

And this....
Seek nothing for yourself
Stand ready to serve
in quietness,demanding nothing, expecting nothing
sacrificing and praying without anyone knowing
Silence

Silence
Silence
(from island of the World, Michael D. O'Brien)

4 comments:

  1. And I am thinking of you today.... is today your birthday?

    I give thanks for every one of your days, all the gift moments bestowed... for the ones you've shared with me...

    All, all my love,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. What a blessing for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my most favorite quotes!! I have it written down so I don't forget. Isn't it so lovely?! :) Thank you, by the way, for your encouraging words to me. They bless me more than you can imagine. Truly. Enjoy your wonderful gifts from God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, Thanks for your prayes for my mom. The Lord has extended His grace to her...hospice comes out today.

    Our God is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete